Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Day 6 - Apple Muffin Breakfast

So when I went to h-mart yesterday I got two red delicious apples for $.50. I figured that they best way to make them stretch was to turn them into apple muffins. I made the batter monday night, poured them into a muffin paper lined muffin pan, then froze them over night. This way, I could just pop them in the oven before work and they'd be ready by the time to go!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
cinnamon (i never measure cinnamon - i just run it agains my microplane until i think there's enough. there's never enough! i think i used 2 tablespoons. The recipe called for 1 1/2 teaspoons. hehehehehe)
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup grated apple
1 tbl lime (this is my addition because there's no tartness to red delicious apples like there are for a green baking apple like a granny smith)
5 tbl melted butter

Nutrition (per muffin):
Calories: 163.3
Protien: 2.62
Fat: 5.33
Carbs: 27.25
Fiber: 1.15
Sodium: 324.1

No comments: