Sunday, February 4, 2007

Day 3 Dinner - Chicken and Lentil soup with LAVASH

I love lavash. It's easy and yummy, like most good flatbreads. It doesn't require any yeast, and when I make it, I don't usually let it rest without rolling it out. Here's the info. We ate it with the rest of the Chicken and Lentil soup.

Here's the ingredients for 2 loaves. I cut it in half when I made it yesterday.
bread
1 3/4 cup flour
1/3 butter (a little cooler than room temp)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
2/3 cup water
1 1/2 tbl beaten egg

topping (get's spread on the loaves before they go in the oven)
2 tbl butter (melted)
1 tsp salt
2 tbl sesame seeds
4 cloves garlic (through a press)
2 tsp red pepper flakes

Nutrition for one serving, the above makes 8
Calories: 184.3
Protein: 3.1
Fat: 9.5
Carbs: 20.39
Fiber: .43
Sodium: 652.98

Aaaaand? It's yummy. =)

No comments: