Monday, February 5, 2007

Day 4 - The Biscuits that weren't

weren't? weren't what? Well, let's just say that my first forray into biscuit making left them a little flat. I rolled them too thin. There were a couple that looked like they were on their way to being grown up biscuit, most of them didn't make it... Oh well. Since I put a little cinnamon sugar glaze on them, they actually ended up tasting like palmire cookies. I guess that's better than nothing right. =)

Rolled Biscuits - made 38 (that should have been my first clue - the recipe said 24)
1 3/4 c flour
1 tbl baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbl cold butter
3/4 milk
cinnamon, sugar, and a little milk for the glaze

Nutrition per biscuit! (i had 8, chad had 11):
Calories: 35.65
Protein: .72
Fat: 1.27
Carbs: 5.54
Fiber: 0.16
Sodium: 81.12

Since it was Sunday we only had the biscuits for brunch, and dinner. With a snack of the leftover lavash in between. Probably not a good idea to skip meals....

No comments: