Saturday, February 3, 2007

Day 2 - Breakfast

Popovers and Rice

I had the day off yesterday, but I still got up to make sure that Chad got a good breakfast. I halved a popover recipe and i think they turned out okay.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tlb butter
1/2 cup flour
1/8 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten

Next time I make these, I've got to remember to grease the bottom of the custard cups thouroughly. I had a hard time getting them out.

And now for the nutritional breakdown.

Calories: 411.3
Protein: 17
Fat: 14.1
Carbs: 53.1
Fiber: 0
Sodium: 2458

I had rice with Ponzu sauce and sesame seeds (good for you!) for breakfast. Ponzu sauce is basically soy sauce with a little lemon juice. It's nice and tart, and doesn't taste too salty. I prefer it to soy. Here's the nutritional breakdown:

Calories: 360
Protein: 9
Fat: 3
Carbs: 73
Fiber: 5
Sodium: 920

That is all for now! Stay tuned for lunch and thoughts

No comments: