Sunday, February 4, 2007

Day 3 - Lunch at work

I took some leftover Chicken and Lentil soup in to work yesterday it was, of course, yummy. =)

I have a part time job at a Sur La Table. For people who aren't familiar with it, it's basically a fancy kitchen store. We carry a huge variety of things. While we have some pretty expensive items, we also have a lot of items that are under $5.

So all day long I talk to people about food and cooking. Friday afternoon I was worried that it would difficult for me because 1. I'd be running around, climbing up and down ladders, and burning calories, and 2. I'd be talking about food and cooking all day long. But I was okay, and I only had to work until 4pm, so we had time to come home and relax a little bit before dinner.

I think my body has gotten used to the foods and portion sizes we're eating - Chad's too. We've both lost a little weight, but since our sugar intake is way down, I'm not suprised. I hate not being able to snack on mixed nuts though, especially since they're still in their jar in the kitchen, but the self dicipline is good for me, right?

No comments: